The Indian Army is the land-based branch and the largest component of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India serves as the Supreme Commander of the Indian Army, and it is commanded by the Chief of Army Staff, who is a four-star general.
• ROTC and JROTC instructors
• Government Contractor
Top Colleges In India
1. Army Institute of Technology
Address- Alandi Road
Phone- 020 2715 7612
2. College of Military Engineering
Old Mumbai Pune Hwy
Courses to be pursued
• SSB selection after B.Sc/B.Tech
• Army officers work in varied conditions during peacetime and conflict, or in other unstable or dangerous environments. They usually work regular office hours; however, during field exercises or combat they may be on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
• They may be required to work overseas for extended periods of time. Army corps are often involved in military operations, usually on the front line of battle.
• Conditions may be extremely dangerous and potentially life-threatening.
• Female army officers perform the same role as their counterparts and may join all corps, except those where there is a high probability of direct combat.
• Excellent communication skills. • The ability to lead and motivate others. • Team working skills. • The ability to give and follow orders. • The ability to take responsibility and make decisions. • IT skills. • Organizational skills.
• Soldier (General Duty) (All Arms)- SSLC / Matric with 45% marks in aggregate and 33% in each subject. No percentage considered in case candidate has passed with higher qualification ie 10+2 and above. • Soldier (Technical) (Technical Arms, Artillery, Army Air Defense) Sol Tech 10+2/Intermediate Exam pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English with 50% marks in aggregate and 40% marks in each subject. • Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical (All Arms) 10+2 / Intermediate Examination Pass in any stream (Arts, Commerce, Science). Should have secured 50% marks in each subject and 60% in aggregate in Class XII. Should have studied English and Maths / Accounts / Book Keeping in Class XII or Class X. Should have secured min 50% marks in each of these subject, whether in Class XII or Class X. • Soldier Nursing Assistant (Army Medical Corps) 10+2 / Intermediate Exam pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with Minimum 50% marks in aggregate and minimum 40% in each subject. OR In case the candidate has a BSc Degree with (Botany / Zoology / Bio-Science) and English, the stipulation of percentage in Class-XII is waived off. However, the candidate should have studied all the four specified subjects in Class XII also. • Soldier Tradesmen (All Arms) 10th Simple Pass/ ITI (except Syce, Mess Keeper and House Keeper- who may be 8th Simple Pass). • Survey Automated Cartographer (Engineers) Graduate in any discipline. In addition requisite qualification in his own religious denomination. • Junior Commissioned Officer Catering (Army Service Corps) 10+2 or equivalent exam and Diploma / Certificate Course of a duration of one year or more in Cookery Hotel Management and Catering Technology from a recognized University / Food Craft Institute. AICTE recognition is not mandatory. • Havildar Education (Army Education Corps) Group X - MA / MSc / MCA or BA / BSc / BCA / BSc (IT) with B Ed Group Y - BSc/BA/BCA/B Sc (IT) (w/o B Ed.)