A dietitian (or dietician) is an expert in dietetics; that is, human nutrition and the regulation of diet. A dietitian alters their patient's nutrition based on their medical condition and individual needs. Dietitians are regulated healthcare professionals licensed to assess, diagnose, and treat nutritional problems.
• Management dietitians
• Community dietitians and community nutritionists
• Clinical dietitians and clinical nutritionists
Top Colleges In India
College of Home Science, 49, New Marine Lines,
Mumbai- 400 020
Phone: 022-22076503 Fax: 22003217
Navalar Nagar, Chepauk, Triplicane,
Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600005
Ph- 044 2539 9422
Madurai Kamaraj University
Madurai Kamaraj University,
Courses to be pursued
• Bachelor’s Degree in home science
• Specialized courses in nutrition or dietetics
• Diploma in dietetics or sports nutrition
• Master’s in home science
Dietitians and nutritionists work in hospitals, cafeterias, nursing homes, and schools. Some dietitians and nutritionists are self-employed and maintain their own practice. They work as consultants, providing advice to individual clients, or they work for healthcare establishments on a contract basis. Most dietitians and nutritionists work full time, although about 20 percent work part time. Self-employed, consultant dietitians have more flexibility in setting their schedules.
• Analytical •Organizational •People Skills •Communications •Technical
• Minimum Qualification- Opt for a college offering home science after 10th or after 12th Science (with biology/microbiology).