A career as an automobile engineer is for people who are driven and passionate about cars. They must have considerable understanding and interest in mechanics, electronics, and mathematics as these are vital skills required for this career path. Automobile engineers must be organized individuals who are able to work in a methodical manner.
Automobile Engineers are demanded in both India and abroad. As it’s a huge industry
there are great employment opportunities in Private
National and Multinational Automobile Companies
Private Transport Companies
Defense Services and Self Employment by setting up Automobile Garage or Maintenance Workshop.
Top Colleges In India
National Institute of Technology, Raipur
Address: NIT Raipur, G.E Road, Raipur, Chhattisgarh 492001
Phone: 077122 54200
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
Address: Hauz Khas, New Delhi, Delhi 110016
Phone: 011 2659 7135
Courses to be pursued
• Diploma in Automotive Engineering
• B.E. / B.Tech. in Automotive Engineering
• M.E. / M.Tech in Automotive Engineering
Automobile engineers work varying hours per week depending on the amount of work they have assigned during a particular week. They may work anywhere between a 40 hour week and a 55 hour week, but may even be required to work overtime if there are some outstanding deadlines or emergencies.
Automobile engineers spend a lot of time in front of a computer on their desks. When they are not doing research in their office, they are at plants monitoring the manufacturing of the automobiles they planned and their testing. This may involve spending lengthy periods of time in noisy, dirty factory environments.
• A creative approach to solving problems. • Excellent maths and IT skills. • The ability to analyse and interpret data. • Excellent technical knowledge. • Good communication and presentation skills. • The ability to prioritize and plan well. • The ability to work to budgets and deadlines.
• Class 10th Pass • Class 10+2 with Science Stream