Nano biotechnology/Nano technologist
Nanotechnology is an emerging area that engages almost every technical discipline - from chemistry to computer science - in the study and application of extremely tiny materials. It is one of the top ranked subject related to academic and research.
One can find job as nanotechnologists; specialists or scientists. The areas where a nanotechnologist can seek employment include biotechnology
medicine and so on. Job opportunities are also available in National Physical Laboratory
Indian Institute of Astrophysics etc. Candidates with Ph.D can also join as faculty members in Universities and colleges or research fields.
Top Colleges In India
Department of Physics, IISc, Bangalore
Address: CV Raman Rd, Devasandra Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560012
Phone: 080 2293 2004
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
Address: Hauz Khas, New Delhi, Delhi 110016
Phone: 011 2659 7135
Courses to be pursued
• B.Tech degree in Material science
Electronics and Computer Science or B.Sc in Physics
Mathematics and Life Sciences
• M.Sc in Nanotechnology
• M.Sc in Nanoscience and Technology
• M.Tech in Nanotechnology
• M.Tech in Material Science and Nanotechnology
• M.Tech in Nanotechnology and Nanomaterials
• Doctor of Philosophy in Nanotechnology
• Doctor of Philosophy in Nanoscience and Technology
• B.Tech + M.tech in Nanotechnology (Dual degree) – 5 years duration.
You’ll usually work Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. You may need to work occasional evenings and weekends to meet deadlines. In industry, you may work on shifts, which can include evening and weekend work.
You’ll work in a laboratory, where you’ll use specialist scientific equipment, like microscopes.
You’ll be expected to wear protective clothing like a lab coat and safety glasses.
You may work on projects with scientists in other countries, so may need to travel overseas.
• Attention to detail • Practical skills in science • Problem-solving skills • Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Class 10th Pass • Class 10+2 in Science stream with excellent marks