Industrial engineering is a branch of engineering which deals with the optimization of complex processes, systems or organizations. Industrial engineers work to eliminate waste of time, money, materials, man-hours, machine time, energy and other resources that do not generate value. They figure out how to do things better, engineering processes and systems that improve quality and productivity.
• Plant Engineer
• Process Engineers
• Quality Engineers
• Industrial Managers
• Operations Analyst
• Manufacturing Engineer
• Quality Control Technician
Courses to be pursued
• Diploma in Industrial and Production Engineering
• Bachelor/Master of Engineering in Industrial and Production Engineering
• Master of Technology in Production and Industrial Engineering
• PG Diploma in Industrial Safety
• Industrial engineers hold over 203,000 jobs. Some of their time is spent in offices, and some of their time is spent visiting job sites. An industrial engineer may visit a hospital or a factory, for instance, in order to improve the site's functionality or efficiency.
• They collect data and analyze it with special computer programs. They collaborate with other professionals in their efforts to solve problems.
• Traveling is often required, since industrial engineers need to study workplaces and diagnose problems in many different locations. Industrial engineers typically work 40 hours a week.
• Complex Problem Solving • Reading Comprehension • Knowledge of scientific way of management • Good communication skills
both written and verbal • Good negotiating and interpersonal skills • Strong organizational skills • Good numeracy skills and a knowledge of statistics • A high standard of computer literacy • Business strategy
operations and documentation skills • Having an organized vision
strategic objectives and a long-range plan
• Graduation • Post Graduation • Certificate courses/Diploma