Shaping and firing clay into a beautiful craft is called ceramic art or ceramic designing and the person who creates ceramic art is known as ceramic designer.
Ceramics designers create designs for a variety of pottery objects such as ceramic sculpture, domestic and commercial tableware and kitchenware.
- Engine components manufacturing units
- Design firms
- Ceramic ware manufacturing units
- Construction services
- Research and testing firms
- Table ware Industry Sanitary ware
- Industry Glass bulbs factory
- Cutting tools Industry
- Enamels factories
- Kitchen ware Industry
- Decorative ware Industry
Courses to be pursued
- Certificate in Ceramic art
- Bachelor in fine arts
- Masters in Fine Arts
-Freelance ceramicists work according to their own timings while salaried ceramics designers tend to work regular office or shift hours.
-Frequent travel is also necessary for independent professionals.
- Creative flair and practical ceramics skills - Time management and the ability to work to deadlines - Excellent communication skills - Organizational ability - Attention to detail. - Patience - Photography
computer software and design skills - A good understanding of health and safety issues
Minimum qualification- 10+2