A Medical Technologist (Medical Laboratory Scientist, Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Medical Laboratory Technologist) is an allied health professional that analyses and tests body fluids and tissues.
• Lab technician
• Lab technologist
• Lab supervisor
• Lab manager
• Lab assistant
• Lab analyst
Top Colleges In India
National Institute of Cancer Prevention and Research
I - 7, Sector - 39, NOIDA, Distt Gautam Buddha Nagar,
Uttar Pradesh - 201301, INDIA
Ph-91 - 120 - 2446938, 2446900
Rhythm Junior College of Vocational Sciences
Venigandla Rd, Yuvajananagar, Pedakakani,
Andhra Pradesh 522509
ITM Institute of Health Sciences, Nagpur
New Panvel Flyover, New Panvel, Sector 12,
Plot No. 11, Near Ayappa Temple,
Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 410206
Ph- 022 6450 6859
Courses to be pursued
2 years diploma in:
• Medical Laboratory Technology
• Radiography Technology
• ECG Technology
• CVT Technician
• Medical Imaging Technology
• Clinical Analysis
• Medical Laboratory Assistance
• B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology (B.Sc. MLT)
• Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology
• B.Sc. Medical Imaging Technology
• B.Sc. Clinical Laboratory Technology
• B.Sc. X-Ray Technology
• B.Sc. ECG and Cardiovascular Technology
Master’s Degree courses in:
• Master of Medical Laboratory Technology
• M.Sc. in Medical Imaging Technology
• M.Sc. X-Ray Technology and M.Sc. ECG and CVT.
• Work settings in hospitals employ about 50% of the workforce, and medical and diagnostic laboratories, which employ another 17%.
• Physician offices and educational institutions.
• One should be on their feet for long periods collecting samples
• One may need to be able to lift or turn disabled patients.
• Some activities may involve materials that can produce fumes.
• Laboratory working conditions are usually good as these facilities are normally clean and well lit.
• Dealing with infectious specimens.
• Working conditions include work during the evening, weekend, or overnight hours.
• Well versed in using and maintaining medical technology • Deep know how of biology and chemistry • Competent at performing microbiological analyses • Skilled at interpreting laboratory findings • Functional ability to manage laboratory equipment
Minimum Qualification- 10+2