A Medical Technologist (Medical Laboratory Scientist, Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Medical Laboratory Technologist) is an allied health professional that analyses and tests body fluids and tissues.
• Lab technician
• Lab technologist
• Lab supervisor
• Lab manager
• Lab assistant
• Lab analyst
Top Colleges In India
1. National Institute of Cancer Prevention and Research
I - 7
Sector - 39
Distt Gautam Buddha Nagar
Uttar Pradesh - 201301
Ph-91 - 120 - 2446938
2. Rhythm Junior College of Vocational Sciences
Andhra Pradesh 522509
3. ITM Institute of Health Sciences
New Panvel Flyover
Plot No. 11
Near Ayappa Temple
Ph- 022 6450 6859
Courses to be pursued
2 years diploma in:
• Medical Laboratory Technology
• Radiography Technology
• ECG Technology
• CVT Technician
• Medical Imaging Technology
• Clinical Analysis
• Medical Laboratory Assistance
• B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology (B.Sc. MLT)
• Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology
• B.Sc. Medical Imaging Technology
• B.Sc. Clinical Laboratory Technology
• B.Sc. X-Ray Technology
• B.Sc. ECG and Cardiovascular Technology
Master’s Degree courses in:
• Master of Medical Laboratory Technology
• M.Sc. in Medical Imaging Technology
• M.Sc. X-Ray Technology and M.Sc. ECG and CVT.
• Work settings in hospitals employ about 50% of the workforce, and medical and diagnostic laboratories, which employ another 17%.
• Physician offices and educational institutions.
• One should be on their feet for long periods collecting samples
• One may need to be able to lift or turn disabled patients.
• Some activities may involve materials that can produce fumes.
• Laboratory working conditions are usually good as these facilities are normally clean and well lit.
• Dealing with infectious specimens.
• Working conditions include work during the evening, weekend, or overnight hours.
• Well versed in using and maintaining medical technology • Deep know how of biology and chemistry • Competent at performing microbiological analyses • Skilled at interpreting laboratory findings • Functional ability to manage laboratory equipment
Minimum Qualification- 10+2