Polymer engineering is generally an engineering field that designs, analyses, and/or modifies polymer materials. Polymer engineering covers aspects of the petrochemical industry, polymerization, structure and characterization of polymers, properties of polymers, compounding and processing of polymers and description of major polymers, structure property relations and applications.
The polymer manufacturing and user industries:
- quality control inspectors
- mould designers
- production planners
Private and public sector companies:
- Canwork as technologists or polymer scientists in the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Oil and Natural Gas Commission (ONGC)
- Petrochemicals engineering plants - Institutes of Petroleum
- Petroleum Conservation Research Associations
- Polymer Corporations of different nations
Teaching jobs and work as lecturers or professors in engineering institutes:
- Getting involved in research and development
- quality control
- technical support and sales
- design and manufacture of molds training
management and related activities.
Top Colleges In India
1. Ajeenkya DY Patil University
D Y Patil Knowledge City Charoli Bk via Lohegaon
2. Shri Sant Gajanan Maharaj
Near Krishna Cottage
Ph- 072652 52206
3. Anna University
Tamil Nadu 627007
Ph- 0462 255 4255
Courses to be pursued
• B.E./BTech in Polymer Engineering/Plastic Technology.
• MSc degree in chemistry or physics
• M. Tech programme in polymer engineering
Polymer engineers work primarily in the field of plastics development. They may help develop new plastics or assist in the testing and evaluation of products. Polymer engineers may be expected to maintain a laboratory or oversee other employees in working on a product or process.
Excellent analytical skills - Good communication skills - Ability to work in a team - Good problem solving skills - They must be aware in the latest trend of chemical engineering - You should be creative enough to develop new products - Must be able to work for long hours - Must be able to pay attention to minute details
Minimum qualification- 10+2 Science with Physics, Chemistry and Maths