A sign language (also signed language) is a language which chiefly uses manual communication to convey meaning.
Sign language teachers might introduce sign language to deaf students or teach hearing students who is learning sign language as a second language.
1. Professional sign language instructor
2. Teacher in Public and private schools
3. Language interpreter in big companies
4. Sign Language Instructors
Top Colleges In India
1. Rehabilitation council of India
B-22 Qutab Institutional Area
2. Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University
Tamil Nadu – 641020
Ph- (+91) 422 269 7529-30; (+91) 8489902617
Courses to be pursued
Bachelor Degree in sign language includes
• Second language teaching
• ASL teaching theory and methods
• Linguistics and evaluation
• Deaf culture
Master degree in sign language includes
• Master's degree for teaching at the college level
Teachers in public or private schools, work in school hours and generally have a two-month break during summer months. They also must be able to work well with children and adolescents.
•Instructional and communication skills •Patience •Ability to use computer-based training software • Database user interface and query software •Device drivers or system software •Voice recognition software
•Minimum qualification 10+2 required •Bachelor's degree required to teach in a public or private school •Licensure is required to teach in public schools