Speech Language Pathologists
Speech-language pathology is a field of expertise practiced by a clinician known as a speech-language pathologist (SLP), also called speech and language therapist or speech therapist, who specializes in the evaluation and treatment of communication disorders, cognition, voice disorders, and swallowing disorders.
• Own or run clinics or private practices
• Provide counselling and consultative services.
• Train and supervise support personnel.
Top Colleges In India
• Lady Hardinge Medical College
New Delhi (Delhi)- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Hardinge_Medical_College- C-604
Shaheed Bhagat Singh Road
• King Georges Medical University
Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) - https://kgmu.org/- Shah Mina Road
Uttar Pradesh 22600
Courses to be pursued
BS in Health Science
BS in Healthcare Administration
The work conditions for a speech pathologist, requires him to work for about 40 hours a week, with flexible work timings that vary according to the need of the patients.
• . Be problem solvers-Each client that a speech pathologist works with is different. Being able to navigate what therapy and strategies work best for that particular person is key. This requires the individual to be compassionate an patient. • Be flexible • Be organized
Minimum Masters' degree is required.