Dance movement therapy is the use of dance movements to help treat a variety of emotional, psychological and physical impairments. Dance therapy can help treat patients who are dealing with one or more of a variety of physical and emotional or psycho-social conditions such as Parkinson's disease, autism,Alzheimer's, eating disorders, or trauma.
• Registered DMT (R_DMT)
• Board-certified DMT (BC-DMT)
• Teach and supervise other practitioners
Top Colleges In India
• Symbiosis school for liberal arts- http://www.ssla.edu.in/
Address: Gate No. 3
Symbiosis Viman Nagar Campus
New Airport Rd
and Maharashtra 411014
Phone: 020 2650 1107
• Kolkata Sanved- http://www.kolkatasanved.org/
CIT Scheme No LXXII
Gariahat Road (South)
West Bengal 700031
Phone:033 2423 6119
• Drexel University (Philadelphia)- http://drexel.edu/
Address: 3141 Chestnut St
Courses to be pursued
• Any bachelor’s degree (preferably in psychology)
• Association for dance movement therapy (ADMT) UK accredited postgraduate qualification in dance movement therapy.
• Master of arts in dance and movement therapy counseling
• Working hours will depend on your employer
• This can include evening and weekend work.
• Travel between appointments is common and you may need to travel between different employers during the week
• Patience • Empathy
• Dance therapists must acquire a master's degree.