Stockbroker is a regulated professional individual, usually associated with a brokerage firm or broker-dealer, who buys and sells stocks and other securities for both retail and institutional clients through a stock exchange or over the counter in return for a fee or commission.
• Brokerage firm or broker-dealer
• Retail and institutional clients through a stock exchange or over the counter in return for a fee or commission.
Courses to be pursued
Though there is no particular major that students should focus on to reach the dream of being a stock broker
a bachelor’s degree in business is one of the universal degrees for launching a stock broker career.
• It usually takes successful brokers five to 10 years to get to high level. The first few years can be especially grueling.
• A daily schedule that is built heavily around marketing themselves
- Ability to handle a fast-paced and challenging financial environment
using excellent communication
negotiation and analytical skills.
A bachelors’ degree is required.