Retail managers are responsible for every aspect of the day to day supervision of retail outlets, including sales, staff, stocks and resources management. You'll need good commercial and people skills to succeed in retail management.
• District Manager
• Regional Manager
• In Departmental Stores
• Product Retailing
• Online Selling
• Home Improvement Stores
Courses to be pursued
• MBA in Retail Management
• PG Diploma in Retail Management (PGDRM)
• Bachelors in Business Administration (BBA)
• Online courses as per area of interest
• Within retail, the normal working week can exceed 40 hours. However, during peak periods such as Christmas, sales and other seasonal holidays many managers may work longer than 40 hours.
• Many retail stores operate in out-of-town sites and open seven days a week. This means that there is a requirement to work irregular hours including late nights, weekends and bank holidays.
• Effective leadership and the ability to motivate others • The ability to plan and prioritize workloads and delegate accordingly • Customer focus • The capacity to grasp new concepts quickly • The ability to multi-task and work under pressure • Shrewd business sense and a well-developed commercial awareness • The desire to work as part of a team to generate fresh and innovative ideas
• Post Graduation • Graduation • On the job Work Experience • Online Certificate Courses