A MedicalTechnologist (Medical Laboratory Scientist, Clinical LaboratoryScientist, Medical Laboratory Technologist) is an allied health expert that examinesand investigates body fluids and tissues.
• Lab technician
• Lab technologist
• Lab supervisor
• Lab manager
• Lab assistant
• Lab analyst
Minimum Qualification- 10+2
• Well versed in using and maintaining medical technology • Deep know how of biology and chemistry • Competent at performing microbiological analyses • Skilled at interpreting laboratory findings • Functional ability to manage laboratory equipment
Courses to be pursued
2 years diploma in:
• Medical Laboratory Technology
• Radiography Technology
• ECG Technology
• CVT Technician
• Medical Imaging Technology
• Clinical Analysis
• Medical Laboratory Assistance
• B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology (B.Sc. MLT)
• Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology
• B.Sc. Medical Imaging Technology
• B.Sc. Clinical Laboratory Technology
• B.Sc. X-Ray Technology
• B.Sc. ECG and Cardiovascular Technology
Master’s Degree courses in:
• Master of Medical Laboratory Technology
• M.Sc. in Medical Imaging Technology
• M.Sc. X-Ray Technology and M.Sc. ECG and CVT.
National Institute of Cancer Prevention and Research
I - 7, Sector - 39, NOIDA, Distt Gautam Buddha Nagar,
Uttar Pradesh - 201301, INDIA
Ph-91 - 120 - 2446938, 2446900
Rhythm Junior College of Vocational Sciences
Venigandla Rd, Yuvajananagar, Pedakakani,
Andhra Pradesh 522509
ITM Institute of Health Sciences, Nagpur
New Panvel Flyover, New Panvel, Sector 12,
Plot No. 11, Near Ayappa Temple,
Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 410206
Ph- 022 6450 6859
• Work settings in hospitals employ about 50% of the workforce, and medical and diagnostic laboratories, which employ another 17%.
• Physician offices and educational institutions.
• One should be on their feet for long periods collecting samples
• One may need to be able to lift or turn disabled patients.
• Some activities may involve materials that can produce fumes.
• Laboratory working conditions are usually good as these facilities are normally clean and well lit.
• Dealing with infectious specimens.
• Working conditions include work during the evening, weekend, or overnight hours.
Janakpuri Super Speciality Hospital Society-Jsshs
Dr. Badrinath. S.
Dr. Badrinath. S. is a Qualified Pathologist for the last 34 years and practicing exclusively hematopathology since then. Dr. Badrinath has Received his post grad degree in pathology (MD) in 1983 from the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education &-Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, India.
Dr. Seema Bhatia
Dr. Seema Bhatia does her postgraduation in pathology from Baroda Medical College, MS university, Baroda(Gujarat) and have worked and specialized in all fields of Laboratory Medicine including Hematology , Biochemistry, Serology, Clinical Pathology, Coagulation ,Cyto pathology and Histopathology.Currently she is working as a Laboratory Head & Senior Consultant Pathologist.