An audio engineer isa person works on the recording, control the record using equalization andelectronic effects, incorporating, reproduction, and strengthening of sound. Audioengineers work on the technological portion of recording—the placing ofmicrophones, pre-amp knobs and the setting of levels etc.
Career opportunities for sound engineer and technicians are available in various fields like:
• Radio stations
• TV channels
• Multimedia design
• Advertising firms
• Movies and more
One can opt for specialised courses in technical skills such as sequencing
editing and recording. With proper experience
he / she can become studio managers.
Minimum qualification- 10+2
• Speaking • Active Listening • Critical Thinking • Reading Comprehension • Monitoring • Writing • Complex Problem Solving • Operation Monitoring
Courses to be pursued
• Certificate course in sound and audio engineering
• Sound recording/engineering education is usually offered as a three-year diploma course to graduates
• Bachelor's degree in Sound Engineering
• Certificate in Recording and Audio Engineering
• Certificate in Audio Technology
• Certificate in Audio Production Technology
• Diploma course: Diploma in Recording Arts (Audio Engineering) is a one-year full-time course.
• Diploma in Audio Engineering is a one-year diploma with the eligibility of 10th or equivalent exam.
• Bachelor course: Students can pursue the bachelor degree in Sound Engineering with the eligibility of 10+2 with PCM subjects (Courses after 12th science).
• Master Course: After bachelor’s degree in Sound Engineering
students can pursue master or doctoral level courses at various universities.
The Film and Television Institute of India
Film and Television Institute of India
Law College Road, Pune - 411 004,
Ph- +91 - 020- 25431817 / 25433016
National Institute of Film and Fine Arts (NIFFA)
National Institute Of Film and Fine Arts
35A, Town shend road, Bhawanipur.
Telephone - 033 2455687
Mob-+91 90384 61354
Fax- 033 24744970
Asian Academy of Film and Television, Delhi
Marwah Studios Complex,
Noida Film City,
Uttar Pradesh, India
Broadcast and sound engineering technicians and radio operators generally work indoors in pleasant surroundings. However, those who broadcast news and other programs from locations outside the studio may work outdoors in all types of weather. Technicians doing maintenance may climb poles or antenna towers, while those setting up equipment do heavy lifting.
Auro Technologies India
Ashish Manchanda is an entertainment business entrepreneur, noted recording engineer and music producer in Mumbai, India, known primarily for his work in association with Bollywood and independent music production. He is the founder of the music & AV media production house "Flying Carpet Productions" established in 1999.
H. Sridhar (Sridhar Hariharan/H.Padmanabh)
H. Sridhar (Sridhar Hariharan/H.Padmanabh) was a sound engineer from India and known for his work with the Indian Musician A R Rahman. Sridhar was the Chief Audio Engineer at Media Artists Chennai. A mathematics graduate, with keen interest in electronics and formal music training, he started a professional sound engineering career in 1988.