Self Defense Program for Students
“Self Defense is not just a set of techniques, it is a state of mind which begins with the belief that we are worth defending.” And yes we are worth defending, aren’t we?
This very state of mind needs to be inculcated by students to strengthen their way up, never look back and never have the feeling of being vulnerable or endangered.
Physical self-defense is the use of physical force to counter an immediate threat of violence. Such force can be either armed or unarmed. In either case, the chances of success depend on a large number of parameters, related to the severity of the threat on one hand, but also on the mental and physical preparedness of the defender.
Self Defense Programs: Need or a Trend
Even if we call the Self Defense programs a trend, there is nothing wrong with it. It is a practical and tactical system that teaches how to prevent, deal and overcome all kinds of attacks. It prepares the trainees in the subjects of self-defense, self protection as well as skills to defend others. The methods of teaching are all unique and comprehensive.
Moreover, these programs run like a horizontal system with a unique and logical approach. It is easy to learn and retain, performed naturally and intuitively, and practically be of use under crisis situations. All in all, the self defense programs for students are worth the trend and hype.
Benefits of a Self Defense Program for Students:
Physical Co-ordination:- Children are required to be very active and sharp to respond during such a kind of training. The locomotive, non-locomotive and manipulative movements made helps improve the physical co-ordination.
Self control and Discipline: - Children learn to wait patiently, form lines, sit still and listen to the instructor which helps evolve qualities like discipline and self control.
The “can do – will do” attitude: - Students are always open to learning and adapting the atmosphere around them. The self defense programs help them become a “DOER”.
Confidence: - These programs run through a target-set process and you keep learning new skills and moves every day. Also, praising students for their efforts and achievements helps in building confidence.
Assertiveness and persistence: - Children learn that life is not easy. Continuous efforts and working through failure to achieve success makes them determined.
Nutrition: - These programs teach the value of healthy eating to grow from strength to strength.
- Anatomy: - A good self defense program teaches you innumerable reflexes and actions using your body parts.
- Intuition: - It enables students to remain sharp between their ears and anticipate of the coming danger well before time.
Best forms of Self Defense taught to students:-
- Judo- It is a very good option to keep in mind for your Child’s self defense classes. The reason Judo is useful for children is because it isn’t about bulking up and being a stronger version of yourself. Judo is about using your attacker’s strength and weight against them.
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu- Similar to Judo, the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is ideal for a smaller person to have an upper hand over a larger opponent. Students are taught stand-up maneuvers as well as ground techniques.
- Krav Maga- In case you need the whole package, Krav Maga can be the right choice for your children. Krav Maga Worldwide runs a youth program especially for children between the ages of 5-13. Along with the grappling moves, Krava Maga encourages students to always avoid confrontation at the initial level.