Automobile design is the process of creating new designs for cars and all kinds of automobiles, both interiors and exteriors of cars, trucks, buses, two and three wheeler’s and also special purpose vehicle keeping in mind the visual appeal as well as functionality.
- Mechanical Drafter
- Industrial Engineer
- Car manufacturers
- Two and three wheeler manufacturers
- Truck and heavy vehicle manufacturers
- Special purpose vehicle manufacturers
- Immense interest in automobiles - Keen interest in the latest trends in automobile design - An eye for detail - Sketching skill - Team player - Business acumen - Appreciation of automobile design - Creativity - Keen observation - Good communication skill - Complex problem solving skills
Courses to be pursued
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) recommended for advancement
National Institute of Design
Address: 6-A, 3rd Floor, Indian Habitat Centre, Lodi Road, Lodhi Estate, Delhi 110003
Phone: 011 2469 2846
Indian Institute of Science
Address: CV Raman Rd, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560012
Phone: 080 - 2293 2359
Usually automobile designers spend time in office in meetings with clients to discuss plans, create renderings and collaborate with colleagues on projects.
Address: Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. Commercial Complex II, Sector 49-50 Golf Course Extension Road, Gurgaon, Haryana 122018
Address: Vasant Kunj II, New Delhi 110070
Phone: 1800 180 0180
C. V. Raman
C. V. Raman is the man behind Maruti Vitara Brezza, that was designed in India in response to a challenge by Suzuki.
Pratap Bose who is the Global Head of Design in Tata Motors, India.