Biochemistry Research Scientist
Biochemistry research scientist is a broad field of modern biochemistry which covers various topics like structural biology, gene activity and regulation.
- Analytical chemist
- Biomedical scientist
- Healthcare scientist clinical biochemistry
- Clinical research associate
- Forensic scientist
- Physician associate
- Research scientist (life sciences)
- Scientific laboratory technician
Minimum Qualification required is 10+2 with Science background
- Access and assess appropriate scientific literature - Develop hypotheses and propose appropriate experiments to test them. - Use data bases and bioinformatics tools. - Design and conduct experiments and to record/archive the data appropriately - Use appropriate data analysis and interpret the results of experiments - Present the overall goals and detailed results of experiments in a variety of formats to a variety of audiences. - Recognize and understand the ethical issues involved in both the conduct of research and in the dimensions of research.
Courses to be pursued
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
- Master of Science in Biochemistry
- M.Phil in Biochemistry
- Ph.D in Biochemistry
Dr. BR Ambedkar Medical College,
Address: Bangalore Kadugondanahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560045
Phone: 080 2547 6498
A J Institute of Medical Sciences,
Address: Mangalore NH -66, Kuntikan, Mangaluru, Karnataka 575004
Phone: 0824 222 3359
Biotechnologists are involved in research related works. They work for 50-60 hours a week.
Pfizer pharmaceuticals India Ltd
Address: The Capital, 1802, 18th Floor Plot No. C-70, ‘G’ Block Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East Mumbai 400051
Phone: +91 - 22 - 6693 2000
National Research Centre on Plant Biotechnology
Address: LBS Centre, Pusa Campus, New Delhi – 110012
Phone: 011 2584 8783
Expertise in Disruptive Technologies and developing Home Care products, especially fabric cleaning formulations, fabric conditioners, hard surface cleaners (HHC), detergent formulations (solid and liquid), mouthwash formulations etc. based on novel and patentable approaches. Engage with and manage cross-functional teams and co-ordinate with external partners.Specialize in material synthesis and fabrication of 'smart' surfaces and functionalized materials.
A R&D leader with 27 years of experience of working with institutions like Unilever and ITC Ltd and CGIAR Centre. Recipient of prestigious Cambridge Nehru Scholarship to do Ph D from Cambridge (UK) and was funded by Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Foods (UK) to do a Postdoc at the University of York (UK).