Biochemical engineering is a field of engineering which deals i designing and constructing unit processes that include biological organisms or molecules. This discipline contributes to human health and well-being.
Biochemical Development Engineer
- Biochemical Engineer
- Bioprocess Development Engineer
- Bioprocess Engineer
- Chemical Engineer
- Engineering Director
- Fermentation Engineer
- Pharmaceutical Engineer
Minimum qualification is 10+2 with science stream
- Problem-solving skills - A methodical approach to work - A high level of accuracy and attention to detail - The ability to analyze statistical and technical data - IT skills
Courses to be pursued
- B.tech/M.tech in Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering
- B.Sc. (Hons) – Biotechnology
- B.Sc. (Hons) - Medical Biotechnology
- B.Sc. (Hons) Biological Science
- B.Sc. + M.Sc. - Biotechnology (Dual Degree)
- B.Tech/M.Tech (Bioinformatics)
All India Institute Of Medical Sciences
Address- Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110029
Phone: 011 2658 8500
Indian Institute of sciences
Address: CV Raman Rd, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560012
Phone: 080 2293 2004
A biochemical engineer works for 35-40 hours per week which includes irregular shifts be it night or weekends. These people mainly work in laboratories in hygienic conditions and wear protective clothing.
Address: 20th KM, Hosur Road, Electronic City, Bangalore, India - 560 100
Phone: +91 80 2808 2808 / 91 80 4014 4014
Serum Institute of India
Address: 1401-1404, Ansal Tower 38, Nehru Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110019
Phone: 011 2647 0327
Dr Kiran Mazumdar Shah
Dr. Shah is a renowned Indian biotechnologist who set up her own laboratory after her studies from abroad. She is honored as a world famous personality and TIMES magazine titled her as woman of power.
David Baltimore is a world famous biochemical engineer who is the recipient of Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine along with Howard Temin.