Dance is to move your body rhythmically with music or following a set sequence of steps. One needs to have passion for dancing to choose dance as a career. There are various dance forms that one can get specialized into such as classical, contemporary, semi classical and many more.
- Dance teacher
- Professional dancer
- Dance coach
- Dance fitness instructor
- Private studio ownership
- Dance critic
- Professional dancer
- Dance educator
- Dance therapist
No minimum education required.
- Dancing ability - Excellent communication skills - Patience - Dedication - Physical Fitness - Knowledge of dance notation - the written system for recording dance movement - Ability to control groups of pupils
Courses to be pursued
- Certificate courses in Dance
- B.A. Dance Education
- M.A. Dance Education
The School of Classical Ballet and Western Dance
Address: 41 Casa Grande Little Gibbs Road Malabar Hill Mumbai - 400 006
Delhi Dance Academy
Address: E – 238/239 Lower Ground Floor Amar Colony Lajpat nagar
Phone: 011 41012909
- Long working hours for school teachers
- Packed evening
- Attending rehearsals
- Attending performances and parents' evenings
- Private teachers work for holidays as well
- work at the weekend for dance events and performances
- You'll work in classrooms, halls and dance studios. Facilities can be quite basic in some venues.
Shiamak Davar International India Private Limited
Address: 1213 12th Floor New Delhi House Connaught Lane Connaught Place Barakhamba New Delhi Delhi 110001
Zenith Dance Studio
Address: C-25 RDC Block 5 Sector 10 Raj Nagar Ghaziabad Uttar Pradesh 201001
Syed Sallauddin Pasha
Syed Sallauddin Pasha is a very talented artist. He performs Bharatanatyam and Kathak, apart from that is also a Choreographer, Actor. In the year 2007 he was awarded by the National Award for the welfare of persons with disabilities by Pratibha Patil.
Shiamak Davar is the most inspiring dance choreographer and is responsible for introducing dance styles like contemporary jazz and western forms of dance to India. He is a well-known dance choreogapher. He is also known as the master of contemporary dance in India. He has modernized the dancing styles in Indian Cinema.