A horticulturist is an expert who uses his scientific knowledge to cultivate and propagate plants, and then uses his knowledge to impart technical information to fruit, vegetable and flower growers as well as farmers.
- Plant Pathologist
- Nursery worker
- Plant Care worker
- Horticulture Consultant
- Ornamental Horticulturist
- Horticultural Technician
12th examination, minimum of 50% in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board.
- Excellent planning skills - The ability to organise and manage your own workload - Problem-solving ability - Communication and interpersonal skills - Project management skills - Ability to work in a team and use your own initiative - Management skills and business awareness - Financial awareness - A hands-on
practical and realistic approach to work - Administration and IT skills - Flexibility and a willingness to work in a busy and varied environment - Knowledge of health and safety regulations and procedures - Physical fitness and the ability to work in physically-demanding environments
Courses to be pursued
- B.Sc. (Horticulture Science)
- M.Sc. (Horticulture)
- Ph.D. (Horticulture)
- B.Sc. (Hons) (Horticulture)
- M.Phil. (Horticulture)
- M.Sc. (Agriculture Horticulture)
- M.Sc. (Horticulture - Fruit Production and Post Harvest Technology)
- M.Sc. (Horticulture - Floriculture and Land Scaping)
- M.Sc. (Horticulture - Vegetable Science)
College of Horticulture
Address: Kerala Agricultural University Vellanikkara, KAU PO, Thrissur, Kerala 680656
Phone: 0487 243 8302
Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry
Address: Nauni, Solan, Himachal Pradesh 173230
Founded: 1 December 1985
Phone: 01792 252 363
Under the direction of a supervisor, horticultural workers grow, sell and harvest flowers, plants, shrubs and trees. Horticultural workers often perform arduous labor in varying weather conditions. Gardening requires horticultural workers to bend, pull, push, stoop and stand for long periods of time.
Four Leaf Landscape
Address: 201-155/9 Kishangarh Near Bhattewala Building, New Delhi, Delhi 110070
Phone: 070423 00940
Sandha and Company
Address: 99/277/2, Opp Utsav Garden
Atul Kataria Marg, Gurgaon (HR)
Phone: +91 124 4267166
William Carey was born on 17th August, 1761 and holds the position of having been the founder of the Agricultural and Horticultural Society of India in 1820 and its president, 1824-1826. The Society continues to give prominence to Carey in its ongoing development, history, and heritage.
Annie Jack (1839-1912) was born in England, Jack is remembered most for her horticultural writings, including her many articles in Canadian Horticulturist. She also wrote a newspaper column called “Garden Talks” in the Montreal Daily Witness.