Marine Biology is the study of the organisms that live in a sea or ocean environment. Marine biology classify species, based on the environment rather than on systematic classification.
- Fisheries Biologist
- Fisheries Extension Officer (AEO)
- Fisheries Officer
- Fishery Manager
- Fishery technician
- Fishery Observer
- Assistant Fisheries Development Officer (AFDO)
- District Fisheries Development Officer (DFDO)
- Minimum qualification 10+ 2 with science background
- Analytical and problem-solving ability - Must have an inquiring mind
and enthusiasm for work - Strong organizational and computer skills - Ability to conduct Research - Attention to detail and excellent observation skills - Good written communication skills - Ability to work as part of a team
Courses to be pursued
- B.Sc.in Marine biology
- M.Sc in Marine biology
- PhD in Marine biology
Address: Portblair Campus - Department of Coastal Disaster Management, Port Blair
Marine Biology Brookshabad Campus,
Port Blair (Andaman and Nicobar Islands) - 744 112
Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Phone: 0836 244 8600
Karnatak University, Dharwad
Address: Pavate Nagar, Dharwad (Dharwad Dist.) - 580003
Phone: 0836 221 5298
- Marine biologists usually work regular business hours in offices and laboratories but it may also work longer hours when doing fieldwork.
- May also work on boats, at sea, or in isolated coastal areas in all weather conditions.
Lilaba Analytical Laboratories
Address: 2nd Floor, Galaxy Point, Above Hotel Amiras Near Sarthana Jakatnaka, Varachha Road Surat- 395006, Gujarat, India
Phone: 090339 16120
Alpha Test House
Address: M-577, guru har kishan nagar, Paschim Vihar, New Delhi- 110087
Phone: 085277 63108
Boman Framji Chhapgar who was born on 1 January 1931. He is an Indian marine biologist specializing in carcinology. He is the author of popular accounts on marine biology under the pen-name of "beefsea", several new species of crab, mantis shrimp and fishes which have been described by him.
Dr.Yasmin Modassir (1953- 2016) was an Indian scientist, academician, and Principal at Dhempe College of Arts and Science. She was Born in Uttar Pradesh. In 1980, she received her doctorate degree from Aligarh Muslim University. She was involved in scientific research in fisheries and zoology for 39 years in her career spanning from 1975.