Microbiologists are the experts who study microorganisms which are unicellular, multicellular or acellular. This includes bacteria, archaea, viruses, fungi, prions, protozoa and algae, collectively known as 'microbes'.
- Biomedical scientist
- Clinical research associate
- Food technologist
- Healthcare scientist
12th examination, minimum of 50% in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board.
- Observant attitude and determination - Diligence - Ability to work in a team of professionals - Good communication skills - Must be hard working - Good mathematical and computational skills
Courses to be pursued
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Microbiology
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Microbiology
- Bachelor of Science in Food Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Clinical Microbiology
Address: Fergusson College Road, Shivajinagar, Pune, Maharashtra 411004
Phone: 020 3086 6000
Oxford College of Science
Address: No. 32, 19th Main, 17th B'Cross, Sector IV, HSR Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560102
Phone: 080 3026 6301
Many microbiologists research with other scientists and technicians. Microbiologists study microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses, algae, fungi, and some types of parasites. They try to find out how these organisms live, grow, and interact with their environments.
Bharat Anti Bio Research
Address: WZ-98,Lamba Properties, Matke Wali Gali, Jwalaheri Village, Paschim Vihar, Delhi, 110063
Phone: 099718 99500
Biological E. Limited
Address: Road No. 35,Jubilee Hills
Hyderabad, Telangana -500033
Phone: 91-40-7121 6000
Satish Amarnath is a Medical Microbiologist and he is associated with Manipal Hospitals. He works as the Coordinator for distance education in allied and Sciences, Quality Management Representative for the hospitals for the ISO certification, Advisor in Microbiology and Chairman of the Manipal Infection Control Committee.
Ananda Mohan Chakrabarty
Ananda Mohan Chakrabarty is a Bengali American microbiologist, scientist, and researcher, most notable for his work in direct evolution and his role in development of a genetically engineered organism using plasmid transfer.