A Nutritionist is an expert who gives advice about nutrition and diet. A dietitian amends and prepares their patient's nutrition based upon their medical condition and individual needs. They work on the directions from doctors regarding patient's nutritional care.
- Therapeutic Nutritionists
- Management Nutritionists
- Community Nutritionists and Community Nutritionists
- Clinical Nutritionists and Clinical Nutritionists
- Research Nutritionists
- 10th and 12th with Science stream (Biology/ Microbiology) - Opt for a college offering home science
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - Excellent skills to promote healthy eating - Organizational skills - Research Translation
Courses to be pursued
- Bachelor’s Degree in home science
- Specialized courses in nutrition or dietetics
- Diploma in dietetics or sports nutrition
- Master’s in home science
- A.I.I.H.P.H. Examination or All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health
Institute of Life Sciences, School of Science & Technology
Address: Ahmedabad University, Central Campus
Navrangpura, Ahmedabad – 380009
Public Health Foundation of New Delhi
Address: Plot No. 47, Sector 44,
Institutional Area, Gurugram – 122002, India
Phone: +91-124-4781400/ +91-24-478601
Nutritionists assists people, facing problems like obesity, diabetes, mental disorders, increased cholesterol level, arthritis etc. Also, to look after a patient’s dietary requirements, nutritional counselor’s primary job duties may include physical assessment by examining body mass index, height and weight. Other job responsibilities performed by a dietitian include community assessment, suggesting remedial procedures, implementing food service policies in clinical departments and food manufacturing organizations.
Address: 402/403, Ram Krishna Chambers,
Opp - Maple showroom,
Mumbai - 400052
Phone: +91 80808 24276, 022-2605 9221
Shubi Husain Slimming Studio
12/13, Block 12, Rajouri Garden, New Delhi, Delhi 11002
Phone: 011 4709 6400
Raksha Changappa is a Bangalore based Indian dietitian plus nutritionist who is also a published nutrition author, nutrition panellist and adding to her cart she is also a dietitian who has been honored with various awards and accolades in India. She is specialist in disorders like systemic lupus, obesity and diabetes mellitus.
The founder of Whole Foods, Ishi Khosla is your go to person for all the nutrition needs. She belongs to Delhi and suffered from obesity and that is when she started applying self-devised weight loss measures on herself to slim her down. She holds an advanced degree from Lady Irwin College in Food and Nutrition.