Psychology is the study of human mind and behaviour. Psychologist is the person who studies the reactions, emotions and behaviours of a person and apply their understanding of that behaviour to treat the problems associated with it.
- Mental Health Counsellors
- Family Therapist
- Career Counsellor
- Social Worker
- Survey researcher
- Substance abuse Counsellor
- 10+2, preferably with Psychology as one of the subjects - Bachelor (BA or BS) in Psychology degree - Specialization at the postgraduate level, where one can get an M.A. or M.Sc. in either Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling - Further specialization at the doctoral level is available as well via PhD or M.Phil
- A very analytical mind for diagnosis - Excellent communication skills to effectively counsel patients who suffer from mental/behavioral issues - A lot of patience
which grants the psychologist the ability to remain cool under pressure when dealing with a particularly difficult case or a challenging patient - A genuine passion for helping people overcome their own mental/behavioral challenges - Compassion combined with drive are the two most important personality traits in a psychologist
Courses to be pursued
- BA/BS in Psychology
or in a related field (like Education or Social Work)
- Graduate (Bachelors) degree programs are 3 years long
Postgraduate (Masters) degree programs are 2 years long
- Doctoral (MPhil or PhD) programs are 2 years long (can extend depending on research and studies involved)
University of Delhi
Address: University Road, Delhi 110007
University of Rajasthan
Address: JLN Marg Jaipur, Rajasthan 302004
Some psychologists work independently, conducting research, consulting with clients, or working with patients. Others work as part of a healthcare team, collaborating with physicians and social workers or in school settings, working with students, teachers, parents, and other educators. Those in private practice often work evenings and weekends to accommodate clients.
Address: Jasola Vihar New Delhi 110025
A Beautiful Mind Clinic
Address: Janakpuri, Delhi 110058
Dr. Sunil Mittal
Dr. Sunil Mittal is an MBBS, MD Psychiatrist at CIMBS, a psychiatry centre at Delhi. He has 35 years of experience in this field.
Dr. Ashish Kumar Miittal
Dr. Ashish Kumar Miittal, a psychiatrist at Confidence Clinic at Gurgaon. He has 13 years of experience in this field.