A Radio Jockey (short form RJ) is a person who hosts a show on radio. His day-to-day responsibilities includes reading the scripts, managing the songs and the ads, raising topic of concern, addressing listeners, design interesting topics to talk about, interact with listeners etc.
- Work in organizations like AIR (All India Radio)
Radio Mid-Day and other independent radio stations.
- The two options for entering into this field are by audition or by approaching a software producing company.
- Education qualification 10+2
- Clear diction - Accurate pronunciation - Flare and fluency in the language - Speed of response - Good sense of humour - Individuality - Creativity of mind - Spontaneity - Intensive knowledge of music
Courses to be pursued
- Diploma in Radio Programming and Broadcast Management (One Year)
- Diploma in Radio Production and Radio Jockeying (One Year)
- Certificate Course in Radio Jockeying (One Year)
Radio City School of Broadcasting, Mumbai
Address: Andhakshi Building, behind Andheri Recreation Club, 37, Gilbert Hill Rd, Gilbert Hill, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400058
Phone: 022 2625 0609
Indian Institute of Mass Communication, Delhi
Address: Aruna Asif Ali Road, JNU New Campus, New Delhi, Delhi 110075
Phone: 011 2674 2920
Radio Jockeys get an opportunity to work in studio. The working hours for RJs can be very long and also during odd hours of day/night.
Address: Film City, Sector 16A, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201301
Phone: 0120 676 7983
Address: D45, Sector - 2, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201301
Phone: 0120 393 5935
She is a radio personality from Mumbai and is famous for hosting the show called "Morning no.1 with Malishka" on Red FM 93.5. She trained Vidya Balan for her role as RJ in Lage Raho Munnabhai.
He is a former radio announcer who achieved success with his popular show Binaca Geetmala. He is popular all over South Asia and his classic 'Bhaiyo aur Behno' is known among his followers quite well.