Vocational teaching prepares people to work in various jobs like craft, trade or a technician. Vocational teachers are the ones who instruct students in various technical and vocational subjects. Vocational teachers are mainly the subject experts or people with the expertise in a field.
- Technical Teacher School/Colleges/University/Vocational Training Institutes
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) Teacher
- Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Teacher
Minimum education required is 10+2
- Organizational skills - Excellent communication - Presentation skills - Sound decision-making skills
Courses to be pursued
Bachelor's or master's in a teachable career field
Apparel Training & Design Centre
Address: Survey No. 64, Near Cyber Towers, Opp. Birla Soft, Madhapur, Hyderabad, Telangana 500081
Phone: 040 23112156
India International Institute of Management
Address: Sector-12, Mahaveer Marg, Mansarovar, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302020
Phone: 0141 2781154
- Vocational teachers are involved in a wide variety of tasks in their day-to-day work.
- Most career and vocational teachers work in middle, high, and postsecondary schools, such as 2-year colleges.
- Others work in technical, trade, and business schools.
- Vocational teachers usually work during school hours. Some also give weekend classes.
Global Business School
Address: 500, F Industrial Estate, Patparganj Industrial Area (Near East Delhi Mall ), Delhi 110092
Phone: 011 22157284
2 Real Life Group of Education
Address: S-553-554, Real Life Home G-7, School Block- II Shakarpur, New Delhi, Delhi 110092
Phone: 098115 75472
Prikha Dutt is the Director of Empower Pragati which is skill development and vocational teaching program.
Rukmini Banerji is the CEO of Pratham Education Foundation. She has conducted various activities and programs in various major states like Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.