An anthropologist is a person engaged in the practice of anthropology. Anthropology is the study of various aspects of humans within past and present societies. Social anthropology and cultural anthropology study the norms and values of societies.
Minimum qualification- 10+2 with biology as the subject and minimum of 50 per cent marks
•Speaking •Reading Comprehension •Active Listening •Writing •Critical Thinking •Active Learning •Complex Problem Solving •Judgment and Decision Making •Social Perceptiveness
Courses to be pursued
• Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology
• Bachelor of Science in Anthropology
• Master of Philosophy in Anthropology
• Doctor of Philosophy in Anthropology
Specialisations offered under Anthropology
• Visual Anthropology
• Physical Anthropology
• Socio-cultural Anthropology
• Linguistic Anthropology
• Applied Anthropology
• Business Anthropology
• Forensic Anthropology
• Medical Anthropology
Visva Bharati University
West Bengal- 731235
Ph- +91(3463)262751 to 262756 (6 lines)
Vinoba Bhave University
Kolghatti, Hazaribagh, Jharkhand 825301
Ph- 06546 270 982
Bhanja Bihar Distt,
Ph- 91-680-2227333, +91-680-2242172
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Must be accurate and thorough in doing a job
• Make decisions that affect others on a weekly basis. They rarely, if ever, consult a superior before deciding a course of action.
• Rarely consult someone before deciding their daily tasks and goals.
• Must meet strict weekly deadlines. This make may the work atmosphere somewhat competitive.
S.C. Roy (Sarat Chandra Roy) (1871-1942)
He is widely regarded as the father of Indian ethnography, the first Indian ethnographer, and as the first Indian anthropologist. He said that Anthropology in India would help in understanding the meaning and goals of human existence, the trend and aim of human culture and civilisation could be understood by understanding Anthropology.
B.S. Guha (Biraja Sankar Guha) (1894-1961):
He was a physical anthropologist. He classified Indian population into races, Negritoes, Proto-australoids, Mongoloid, Mediterranean and Western- brachycephat by collecting anthropometric measurement of 2511 people from various parts of India.