Cardiologists are the experts who deal with disorders of heart and other parts of the circulatory system. They conduct medical diagnosis and treatments of heart defects, heart failures, valvular heart disease, blood vessel problems and electrophysiology.
- Cardiovascular Technician
- Clinical Cardiac Perfusionist
- Cardiovascular Surgeon
- 12th examination, minimum of 50% in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board. - Seat through competitive exams like NEET, AIIMS, JIPMER Puducherry, CMC-Vellore, etc. to get into medical colleges.
- Confidence to knowledge ratio - Care about your patients - Dexterity - Cognitive - Communication skills
Courses to be pursued
- Diploma in Cardio Vascular Technology
- PG Diploma in Clinical Cardiology Course (PGDCC)
- B.Sc in Cardiac Care Technology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Community Cardiology
- Master of Science in Cardio logical nursing
- M. Ch in Cardiology
- M. Ch Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
- DNB Cardio Thoracic Surgery
- Doctor of Medicine in Cardiology
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
Address: Ansari Nagar, Near AIIMS Metro Station, Delhi 110029
Phone: 011 2658 8500
Lady Hardinge Medical College
Address: C-604, ShaheedBhagat Singh Road, Diz Area, Connaught Place, Delhi 110001
Phone: 011 2336 3728
Working conditions are usually pleasant with the work environment being indoors in well lighted exam rooms and hospitals. Hours of work usually exceed 60 hours a week in the busier times. Many cardiologists spend a significant amount of time on call. This can result in being awake at all hours of the night or being asked to come at irregular times to look after a patient.
Address: Sunny Side Building, 3rd Floor, East Block, No. 8/17 Shafee Mohammed Road, Chennai - 600 006
Phone: +91-44-28290200 / 28293333 +91-44-28296677
Address: Tower A, Unitech Business Park, Block - F, South City 1, Sector - 41, Gurgaon, Haryana - 122001
Phone: +91 124 4921021, +91- 124 4921071, +91 124 4921033 Website: http://www.fortishealthcare.com/careers
Dr. Ashok Seth is an Indian interventional cardiologist who has performed over 50,000 angiograms and 20,000 angioplasties and he has been included in the Limca Book of Records. He is a scholar of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of London, Edinburgh and Ireland.
Dr. Praveen Chandra is an Indian Cardiologist who is also the Chairman of Interventional Cardiology at Medanta - The Medicity, Gurgaon, India. He was also the Director of Cardiac Cath Lab and Acute MI Services at Max Healthcare and Consultant Cardiologist at Escorts Heart Institute and Research Center, New Delhi. Dr. Chandra has also been awarded for his contribution in the field of Coronary angioplasty in India in 1998.