A physical trainer helps people of all ages and fitness levels to safely improve their physical condition through exercise and proper diet. These days a successful physical trainer is expected to do more than simply shout directions at his or her willing victim inside a sweaty gym. Today's physical trainers are required to be knowledgeable in the areas of nutrition, weight loss, physical rehabilitation, stress management, and sports medicine, just to name a few.
The demand for qualified instructors is an all-time high
which is great news for those aiming to pursue fitness as a career. From hardworking executives to housewives
top bosses to youngsters
the number of health conscious people has increased across ages and professions.
fitness has become a flourishing business
with more and more health centres coming up. There is also a wide array of fitness regimes -- such as aerobics
spinning -- to choose from. The affluent are also keen on setting up gymnasiums at home
creating additional job opportunities for personal trainers.
Fitness trainers work in gyms
housing societies and large companies as well. After gaining some experience
you could also choose to run your own centre. You can specialize in any of the huge variety of exercise routines such as weightlifting
pilates or tai chi
spinning and be a specialist trainer.
Courses to be pursued
• Hands-on CPR and AED (automatic external defibrillator) certification
• American Council on Exercise: the world's largest nonprofit health and fitness certification program
• American Council of Sports Medicine Certificate
• Gold's Gym Fitness Institute: Fitness Training Program
Personal trainers/fitness instructors: usually work in shifts, including early mornings, evenings and weekends. They usually work in gyms, recreation centers’ and fitness centers’. They may need to travel to meet clients.
• Physical trainer must be energetic • Enthusiastic • Enjoy helping others reach their goals • A physical trainer must be as interested in listening as they are in teaching
• Class 10th Pass • Class 10+2 with any stream