GERMANY

Study in your dream College for your dream Career Get Expert Call


TOP UNIVERSITIES OF GERMANY

Germany Rank Global Rank University
1 50 Technische Universit at München
2 63 Ludwig-Maximilians-Universit at München
3 64 Ruprecht-Karls-Universit at Heidelberg
4 117 Humboldt-Universit at zu Berlin
5 130 Freie Universit at Berlin
6 131 KIT, Karlsruher Institut für Technologie
7 145 Rheinisch-West fälische Technische Hochschule Aachen
8 148 Technische Universit at Berlin
9 173 Technische Universit at Dresden
10 175 Eberhard Karls Universit at Tübingen
10 175 Universit at Freiburg

TOP CITIES OF GERMANY

Rank Name 2021 Population
1 Berlin 38,91,385
2 Hamburg 19,15,689
3 Munich 16,18,112
4 Cologne 11,48,443
5 Frankfurt am Main 8,41,795
6 Stuttgart 6,85,143
7 Leipzig 6,59,265
8 Dusseldorf 6,53,167
9 Dortmund 6,09,484
10 Essen 6,08,156

POPULATION

8.3 crores (2019)

INDIAN POPULATION

Approx. 80,000

INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS

320,000 international students in 2019/20

INTERNATIONAL INDIAN STUDENTS

Approx. 17,570

PER Hr MIN WAGE

8.80 euros an hour

TOP COURSES

Highest Paid and Popular Degrees in Germany

  • Medicine and Dentistry

  • Law

  • Industrial Engineering

  • Engineering

  • Mathematics and Computer Science

  • Natural Sciences

  • Business and Economics

  • Architecture

  • Psychology

  • Earth Sciences

The largest number of Indian students joined German universities to study engineering (67%) followed by management and social studies (15%), mathematics & natural sciences (12%). Of these, 63% chose universities or technical universities (TU) and the remaining 37% enrolled themselves at universities of applied sciences (FH)

PROS/CONS

Germany is being seen as a very attractive study abroad country because of several reasons:

  1. There are no tuition fees

  2. Graduate unemployment is low

  3. Universities offer an increasing number of courses in English

  4. High diversity

  5. Low cost of living

However, on the flip side:

  1. You need to learn German which can be quite difficult and time consuming

  2. 13 year of school education mandatory for UG studies in public universities

  3. The courses are less structured and more self-interest driven

  4. German grading/exam system can be quite confusing