A fitness trainer or instructor is the one who guides and motivates people to attain good health and fitness and maintain healthy lifestyle. A fitness trainer may specialize in aerobics, weight lifting yoga and another activity.
- Aerobics Instructor
- Clinical Exercise Specialist
- Group fitness or gym instructor
- Personal trainer
No minimum education required.
- Good Communication Skills - Good etiquette - Knowledge of latest trends research in the field of fitness - Dedication - Willingness to help others - Ability to motivate others - Ability to absorb new innovations
Courses to be pursued
- Certificate or diploma course in sports science/yoga/fitness/naturopathy
- Diploma or bachelor courses in yoga & naturopathy
- Nike aerobics course
- Reebok instructor certification program
Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical Education & Sports Sciences (New Delhi)
Address: Shaheed Rajguru Marg Near Mcd Office Shankar Garden Vikas Puri, Delhi 110018
Lakshmibai National College of Physical Education (Kerala)
Address: Kariavattam, Trivandrum, Kerala 695581
Phone: 0471 2418712
You must stay fit as you are the inspiration for those who are under your guidance. You always get to meet and communicate new and different people. This is service industry where you cannot afford to loose your temper while dealing with difficult people. This job demands you to be on your toes all the time.
Address: Sb 7/8 Shreeji Avenue 11 Sampatrao Colony Opposite New India Mill Gate Jetalpur Road Vadodara Gujarat 390005
Address: Horizon Building 57 Jawaharlal Nehru Road 5th Floor Kolkata West Bengal 700071
Kamal Chhikara is a model-turned-yoga instructor turned-Crossfit coach. He took to yoga, after his initial obsession with sports as a kid, to get into shape for his stint as a model.
Rakesh Udiyar works very hard to reach at the stage he is, from being a sweeper boy at a gym to becoming a top trainer. His initial inroads into personal training came after he successfully trained small time models and aspiring actors with whatever information he mustered up through observation and reading.