Material and Metallurgical Engineer
The metallurgical profession offers a wide variety of career opportunities to the youth.People who have an interest in technology, engineering and science. Metallurgical engineers can be employed in every industry which produces, buys, sells, refines or manufactures metals or metallic products.
- Metal extractors like Tata Steel
- Steel Authority of India (SAIL)
- Hindustan Copper Limited
- Hindalco Industries Limited and Jindal Steel
- Finolex Cables Limited and Cable Corporation of India are the leading employers of metallurgy scholars.
- Class 10th Pass - Class 10+2 with Science Stream
- Problem-solving skills - Analytical ability to determine the properties and best uses of metals and other materials. - Practical and technical skills - Excellent written and oral communication skills - Report writing skills - Research skills planning and organizational skills - Also keep up to date with the latest research developments and laboratory techniques.
Courses to be pursued
- B.E. /M.E. in Material &Metallurgical Engineering
- B.tech. /M.tech. in Material & Metallurgical Engineering
Address: IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur, West Bengal 721302
Phone: 03222 255 221
Address: P.O. - Botanic Garden, Howrah, West Bengal 711103
Phone: 033 2668 4561
- Full time work.
- They often work in offices where they have access to computers and design equipment. - Others work in factories or research and development laboratories.
- Materials engineers may work in teams with scientists and engineers from other backgrounds.
SAIL: Steel Authority of India
Address: Ispat Bhawan, Lodi Road, New Delhi-110003
Phone: (STD-011) EPBAX – Ispat Bhawan- 24300100, 24367481-86
Hindustan Copper Limited
Address: 2th Floor, North Tower, Core 2, Scope Minar, Dist Centre, Laxmi Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110092
Phone: 011 2244 8036
Sundar Pichai is the the Senior Vice President at Google. He graduated from IIT, Kharagpur in Metallurgical Engineering , done an M.S. from Stanford University and an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
Donald L. Ritter
Donald Lawrence Ritter was a Republican member of the U.S. House, Representatives from Pennsylvania. From 1979 to 1993, he represented Pennsylvania's 15th congressional district in the Lehigh Valley. In 1961, he graduated in the field of Metallurgical Engineering from Lehigh University in Bethlehem,Pennsylvania.