An actuary is the one who analyse the risk and uncertainties along with the financial costs. They use mathematics, statistics, and financial theory to access the risk of potential events. Their work is important for the insurance industry.
- - - Actuarial Manager - Director
- - GAAP Actuary - Associate Actuary
- Minimum education required is 10+2
- - Mathematical genius - A love of logic - Should have problem solving skills - Business awareness - Good in communication - Excellent in number crunching
Courses to be pursued
- Bachelor’s in mathematics
- actuarial science
- or some other analytical field.
- Bishop Herber College, Trichy, Tamil Nadu. Address: Puthur High Road, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu 620017 Phone: 0431 2770136 Website: www.bhc.edu.in
- Actuaries work in teams that includes managers and professionals of other fields, such as accounting, underwriting, and finance. - Actuaries usually work in an office setting, those who work for consulting firms may need to travel to meet with clients. - They mostly have to work full time
- The Aon Centre Address: Candor Info Space, Central Park II, Tikri, Sector 48, Gurugram, Haryana 122001 Phone: 0124 447 1500 Website: aonhewitt.co.in/Home/
Nandita Gurjar, is the Senior Vice President and Group Head, HR at Infosys, which is one of the top IT company in India. Infosys performs crowd sourcing as a part of its HR activities under her supervision only.
Saurabh Govil, Senior Vice President at Wipro. Saurabh has created more simple structures for the company that lead to very simplified roles for people of the company.