Agronomist is an expert who uses his knowledge in the technology of using and producing plants for food, fuel, fiber and land reclamation. Agronomy is applied in various fields like plant genetics, plant physiology, meteorology and soil science.
- - - Agronomist - Agricultural Climatologist - Agronomist Sales - Biological Science Technician - Chemical Sales Representative - Crop Production Specialist - Environmental Scientist - Fertilizer Plant Manager - Research Assistant - Soil and Water Conservationist - Lab technician - Crop Scientist
- 12th examination, minimum of 50% in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board.
- - Agricultural background - Sound knowledge in crop production - Excellent analytical skills - Administrative skills - Critical thinking - Communicative skills - Patience - Ability to work in team - A favorable attitude towards work
Courses to be pursued
- - B.Sc. (Agriculture) - B.Sc. (Entomology) - B.Tech. (Food Science) - M.Sc. (Agricultural Entomology) - M.Sc. (Agricultural Extension Education) - M.Sc. (Agriculture Horticulture)
- Agricultural College and Research Institute, Killikulam Address: Killikulam, Vallanadu, Thoothukudi, Tamil Nadu 628252 Phone: 04630 261 226 Website: http://www.tnau.ac.in/
Agronomists have the benefit of being able to spend most of their time outdoors and they spend a part of their time in conducting tests and research in laboratories and making reports in their offices. They work regular hours and most of them usually travel.
- Rallis India Limited Address: 156/157, 15th Floor, Nariman Bhavan, 227, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400 021 Phone: +91 - 022 - 6665 2700 Website: http://www.rallis.co.in/