Agronomist is an expert who uses his knowledge in the technology of using and producing plants for food, fuel, fiber and land reclamation. Agronomy is applied in various fields like plant genetics, plant physiology, meteorology and soil science.
- Agricultural Climatologist
- Agronomist Sales
- Biological Science Technician
- Chemical Sales Representative
- Crop Production Specialist
- Environmental Scientist
- Fertilizer Plant Manager
- Research Assistant
- Soil and Water Conservationist
- Lab technician
- Crop Scientist
12th examination, minimum of 50% in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board.
- Agricultural background - Sound knowledge in crop production - Excellent analytical skills - Administrative skills - Critical thinking - Communicative skills - Patience - Ability to work in team - A favorable attitude towards work
Courses to be pursued
- B.Sc. (Agriculture)
- B.Sc. (Entomology)
- B.Tech. (Food Science)
- M.Sc. (Agricultural Entomology)
- M.Sc. (Agricultural Extension Education)
- M.Sc. (Agriculture Horticulture)
Address: Sherganj, Panna Road, Satna, Madhya Pradesh 485001
Phone: 088892 37776
Agricultural College and Research Institute, Killikulam
Address: Killikulam, Vallanadu, Thoothukudi, Tamil Nadu 628252
Phone: 04630 261 226
Agronomists have the benefit of being able to spend most of their time outdoors and they spend a part of their time in conducting tests and research in laboratories and making reports in their offices. They work regular hours and most of them usually travel.
E I DuPont India Pvt Ltd
Address: 7th Floor, Tower C, DLF Cyber Greens, Sector - 25 A, DLF City, Gurgaon, Haryana - 122 002
Phone: 0124 254 0900
Rallis India Limited
Address: 156/157, 15th Floor, Nariman Bhavan, 227, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400 021
Phone: +91 - 022 - 6665 2700
Ms Usha Barwale Zehr is a graduated of B.Sc. from Wilson College, University of Bombay in 1981. Later, she went on to do her Masters and a Ph.D. in 1985 in Agronomy at the University of Illinois, USA. In 2000, she became a full-time Director of Maharashtra Hybrid Seeds Co. Ltd., Jalna, India.
Paramjit Khurana received her B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Phil and Ph.D. degrees in Botany from University of Delhi. Paramjith has made excellent contributions in the area of “Wheat and Seribiotechnology”, and “Comparative Genomics” and since then she is a renowned name in the field of agriculture.