Animal Breeder and Geneticist
Animal breeding and geneticist is a part of animal science where the evaluation of the genetic value of livestock is addressed. Selection of animals that provide and have superior EBV in growth rate, egg, meat, milk or other desirable traits that have brought a revolution in the livestock production.
- - - Animal Health Sciences - Animal Nutrition - Dairy Science - Farm Animal Breeding - Livestock Management - Poultry Science
- 12th examination, minimum of 50% in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board.
- - Have knowledge and understanding of scientific method for experimentation and procedures - Be able to take observational notes and record data - Be caring and patient with animals - Have a keen interest in animal welfare - Be socially aware of the ethics surrounding the breeding of animals - Be able to plan an alternative if the rehousing or sale of animals does not follow birth - Understand the importance of cleanliness and be able to maintain this level at all times
Courses to be pursued
- - Bachelor Of Veterinary Science and Genetics Science - PhD in animal breeding and genetics - B.Sc. in Wildlife Conservation Genetics
- Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University Address: State Highway 15, Nandinagar, Bidar, Karnataka 585401 Phone: 084822 45313 Website: kvafsu.edu.in
Breeders and geneticist usually work alone, but also sometimes have contact with buyers or animal caretakers.They are responsible for the health and safety of their animals.
- Xcell Breeding & Livestock Services Pvt Ltd Address: K 33, Roorkee Road, Pallavpuram Phase 2, Modipuram, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh 250001 Phone: 0121 257 5335 Website: www.xcellbreeding.com/