Animals and Fisheries Science
Animals and Fisheries Science is a multidisciplinary science that draws on the disciplines of aquatic culture which includes breeding, genetics, biotechnology, nutrition, farming, diagnosis of diseases in fishes and their medical treatments along with various other marine life activities.
- Inspector of Fisheries
- Sub Inspector of Fisheries
- Assistant Directors
- Fisheries Extension Officer
- Assistant Directors in Marine Product Export Development Authority
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
- Technical Officers and Scientists in Fisheries Survey of India (FSI)
12th examination, minimum of 50% in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board.
- Critical thinking - Operating and monitoring - Judgment and Decision Making - Team Coordination - Equipment Maintenance - Social Perceptiveness
Courses to be pursued
- Bachelor of Fisheries Science (B.F.Sc) – 4 years
- Bachelor of Science (Industrial Fish and Fisheries) – 3 years
- B.Sc. (Fisheries) – 3 years
- B.Sc. (Aquaculture) – 3 years
Maharashtra College of Animal and Fisheries Science
Address: Futala Lake Road, Nagpur - 440 001
Karnataka Veterinary Animal And Fisheries Sciences University
Address: Nandinagar, P.B.No. 6 BIDAR 585401 Karnataka (India)
Phone : +91-8482-245313
An animal and fisheries scientist job is to ensure agricultural productivity and food safety. Most scientists work in research universities, private industry, or for the federal government. They work in offices, laboratories, and the field. Those working for processing of plants might have to work in unpleasant conditions.
Avanti Feeds Limited,
Address: H.No.37, Plot No.37,Baymount,Rushikonda,Visakhapatnam-530045,
Andhra Pradesh, India
The Waterbase Limited
Address: Thapar House,
#37 Montieth Road,
Chennai - 600 008
Phone: + 91 44 3012 7000
Ray Hilborn who is a marine biologist and fisheries scientist is known for his contribution on conservation and natural resource management in fisheries. Currently, he is the professor of aquatic and fisheries science in University of Washington. His majors are natural resource management, fisheries stock management and risk analysis etc.
Ransom A. Myers
Ransom A. Myers was a world famous American marine biologists who is still known for his warnings about the worldwide overfishing of the fish stocks in oceans of the Atlantic cod, and bluefin tuna. He researched over the extinction of shark populations and made media focus on threatened shark species.