Indian Army is the land-based branch and the largest component of Indian Armed forces. The Indian Army was formed in 1776, under the government of the East India Company in Kolkata. The Indian army is the biggest voluntary army in the world.
- - - General - Lt General - Major General - Brigadier - Colonel - Lt Colonel - Major - Captain - Lieutenant - Subedar Major - Subedar - Naib Subedar - Havildar - Naik - Sepoy
- - Soldier (General Duty) (All Arms)- SSLC / Matric with 45% marks in aggregate and 33% in each subject. No percentage considered in case candidate has passed with higher qualification i.e. 10+2 and above. - Soldier (Technical) (Technical Arms, Artillery, Army Air Défense)- Sol Tech 10+2/Intermediate Exam pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English with 50% marks in aggregate and 40% marks in each subject. - Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical (All Arms)- 10+2 / Intermediate Examination Pass in any stream (Arts, Commerce, Science). Should have secured 50% marks in each subject and 60% in aggregate in Class XII. Should have studied English and Maths / Accounts / Book Keeping in Class XII or Class X. Should have secured min 50% marks in each of these subject, whether in Class XII or Class X. - Soldier Nursing Assistant (Army Medical Corps)- 10+2 / Intermediate Exam pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with Minimum 50% marks in aggregate and minimum 40% in each subject. OR In case the candidate has a BSc Degree with (Botany / Zoology / Bio-Science) and English, the stipulation of percentage in Class-XII is waived off. However, the candidate should have studied all the four specified subjects in Class XII also. - Soldier Tradesmen (All Arms)- 10th Simple Pass/ ITI (except Syce, Mess Keeper and House Keeper- who may be 8th Simple Pass). - Survey Automated Cartographer (Engineers)- Graduate in any discipline. In addition, requisite qualification in his own religious denomination. - Junior Commissioned Officer Catering (Army Service Corps)- 10+2 or equivalent exam and Diploma / Certificate Course of a duration of one year or more in Cookery Hotel Management and Catering Technology from a recognized University / Food Craft Institute. AICTE recognition is not mandatory. • Havildar Education (Army Education Corps) Group X - MA / MSc / MCA or BA / BSc / BCA / BSc (IT) with B Ed Group Y - BSc/BA/BCA/B Sc (IT) (w/o B Ed.)
- - Tough physical constitution - Strong mental abilities - Flexibility - Responsible attitude - Willingness to be away from home for long periods
Courses to be pursued
- - NDA - CDS - AIPMT - SSB selection after B.Sc/B.Tech • NDA • CDS • AIPMT • SSB selection after B.Sc/B.Tech
- College of Military Engineering Address: 6, Old Mumbai Pune Hwy, Dapodi, Pimpri-Chinchwad, Maharashtra 411012 Phone: 02027146560 Website: www.bcud.unipune.ac.in
A soldier must work actively during peacetime and conflict as well as in any other dangerous situation also. They must work regularly. They may be required to work overseas for long periods of time. Army corps are often involved in military operations, usually on the front line of battle. Conditions may be extremely dangerous and life-threatening for a soldier. Female army officers must perform the same role as their counterparts and may join all corps, except those where there is a high probability of direct combat.
- Officer's Training Academy Address: 18/2, VOC Street, Meenambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600016 Phone: 098420 98420 Website: http://joinindianarmy.nic.in/bravo/ota-chennai.htm
Hugh Marston Hefner
Hugh Marston Hefner is an American magazine publisher. He was a former journalist for Esquire and World War II veteran.
Martha Helen Stewart
Martha Helen Stewart is an American businesswoman, writer, and television personality.