Biomedical engineers apply the principles of biology and knowledge of engineering to medical field. They apply technology in medicine and biology for health care requirements.
- - - Biomechanical Engineer - Rehabilitation Engineer - Clinical Engineer - Bioengineering Researcher
- - Minimum education required is 10+2 with biology - Bachelors degree in Biological engineering
- - Careful measurement and analytical skills - Good attention to detail - A good eye for design - The creative and technical ability to turn designs into products - The ability to empathise with patients - Communication and team working skills
Courses to be pursued
- - B.Tech in Biomedical Engineering - B.Sc in Biomedical Engineering - BE in Biomedical Engineering - Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Biomedical Instrumentation - Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Biotechnology & Biochemical Engineering
- IIT, Roorkee Address: Roorkee - Haridwar Highway, Roorkee, Uttarakhand 247667 Phone: 01332 285 311 Website: https://www.iitr.ac.in/
Biomedical engineers work normal business hours but at times they work for long shifts on projects. They also have to work after hours for hospitals, offices, factories, rehabilitation centres etc.
- GE Global Research Address: Plot No.122, Export Promotion Industrial Park, Phase 2, Hoodi Village, Whitefield Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560066 Phone: +91 80 40881128 Website: https://www.geglobalresearch.com