Biochemical engineering is a field of engineering which deals i designing and constructing unit processes that include biological organisms or molecules. This discipline contributes to human health and well-being.
- - Biochemical Development Engineer - Biochemical Engineer - Bioengineer - Bioprocess Development Engineer - Bioprocess Engineer - Chemical Engineer - Engineering Director - Fermentation Engineer - Nanotechnologist - Pharmaceutical Engineer
- Minimum qualification is 10+2 with science stream
- - Problem-solving skills - A methodical approach to work - A high level of accuracy and attention to detail - The ability to analyze statistical and technical data - IT skills
Courses to be pursued
- - B.tech/M.tech in Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering - B.Sc. (Hons) – Biotechnology - B.Sc. (Hons) - Medical Biotechnology - B.Sc. (Hons) Biological Science - B.Sc. + M.Sc. - Biotechnology (Dual Degree) - B.Tech/M.Tech (Bioinformatics)
- Indian Institute of sciences Address: CV Raman Rd, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560012 Phone: 080 2293 2004 Website: https://www.iisc.ac.in
A biochemical engineer works for 35-40 hours per week which includes irregular shifts be it night or weekends. These people mainly work in laboratories in hygienic conditions and wear protective clothing.
- Serum Institute of India Address: 1401-1404, Ansal Tower 38, Nehru Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110019 Phone: 011 2647 0327 Website: http://www.seruminstitute.com/