The task of a Cost Accountant is to collect, organize and analyze internal and financial information for evaluating, critical analyses and regulating past and present financial performance and for making projections for the future. They also monitor costs of raw materials, labor, transportation, administrative costs etc in an industry.
- Management of Public sector enterprises
- Management of private sector enterprises
- All India Cost Accounts Service
- Independent practice
- Minimum Qualification 10+2 - Commerce Background
- Analytical mind - An eye for detail - Responsibility - Good business judgment - Team player - Commitment and resilience
Courses to be pursued
- Commerce Background
- Certified Financial Planner
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Voluntary certification
Institute of Professional Studies and Research (IPSAR)
Address: IPSAR College, Campus III, Satichaura, CDA-sector-2, Cuttack-753014, Orissa, India
Course Crest Academy
Address: #37, 1st floor, Next to SBI Bank, CBI main road, R T Nagar, Bangalore, India 560032
The cost accountant generally works in an office environment but sometimes it has to be familiar with all production operations. They also have to visit all significant company operations.
Address: Godrej Industries Limited, Godrej One, Pirojshanagar, Eastern Express Highway, Vikhroli, Mumbai 400079
Phone: +91 22 25188030
Naroda Industrial Estate,
Sumit kumar is the cost and Management accountant at Godrej and Boyce Mfg. co. Ltd. He was also the Senior Executive Finance at Koyo Bearings Europe.
Divya Khandelwal is the cost accountant at Larsen and Tourbo Ltd. She was also Cost trainee at Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.