Costume designing is a specialized art that deals with designing costumes for Films, Theatres, plays etc. It is much related to Fashion designing in terms of technical learning however; to become a good costume designer one has to study the history of textiles and couture of the bygone eras. They also need to have a deep understanding of performing art and cinema as most of their work will revolve around these.
- - - Entrepreneur - Working with Film Production Houses - Freelance work for Theaters or movie makers
- Minimum Qualification 10+2 with at least 60% marks is mandatory.
- - Very creative bent of mind with keen interest in performing arts is essential especially good knowledge about Cinema - A Good historical knowledge about period costumes
- accessories is always an added advantage.
Courses to be pursued
- - B. Sc Degree in Fashion - Interior and Textile Design - B.Des. (Accessory Design) - B.Des. (Fashion Design) - B.Des. (Textile Design)
- National Institute of Fashion Technology Address: Hauz Khas Near Gulmohar Park New Delhi India 110016 Phone: +91-1126542000 https://nift.ac.in/
Costume designers work revolves around Films, Theatres, Actors and Actresses. One can work as an Entrepreneur and set up a store which deals with various period costumes. One may work with Film production units as in house costume Designer. Freelance costume designing for projects, movies or Television.
- Ritu Kumar Address: Oberoi 1 The Oberoi F-52 Shopping Arcade The hilton towers (oberoi) nariman Point 2nd Floor Mumbai Maharashtra 400021 Phone: 02222028109 https://www.ritukumar.com/
Ritu Beri is an international fashion designer who hails from New Delhi. She experienced the Art of Fashion at the National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi, and it had the New York affiliation in 1990. Beri launched her label in India in December 1990 in association with a French label.
Raghavendra Rathore is an international level fashion designer, whose fashion brand is considered as the first name of luxury out of India. His brand, the Raghavendra Rathore label is synonymous with the Jodhpuri Bandhgala suits, that he has meticulously, nurtured, evolved and made famous internationally. The first fashion designer to use the term Brand India as his positioning.