A dairy technologist researches over new ways of how they can make old dairy processes better. They work along with dairy scientists, dairy engineers and farm managers. Dairy technologists conduct experiments to find the best way to enhance the production and handling techniques of dairy products to prevent bacterial contamination.
- - - Dairy Plant supervisor - Dairy Plant Manager/Assistant Manager - Purchase Manager - Logistics and Distribution Manager - Quality Control Officer
- 12th examination, minimum of 50% in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board.
- - Active Listening - Critical thinking - Monitoring - Coordination - Quality Control analysis - Complex Problem Solving - Operation Monitoring
Courses to be pursued
- - B.Sc. Dairy Technology - B.Tech. Dairy Technology - M.Sc. Dairy Technology - M.Sc. Dairy Technology and Agricultural Extension - M.Tech. Dairy Technology - Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Dairy Science - Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Dairy Technology
- Kerala Veterinary College, Mannuthy Address: Santosh Nagar, Mannuthy, Thrissur, Kerala 680651 Phone: 0487 237 0451 Website: http://www.kvasu.ac.in/
A dairy technologist studies the properties and chemical makeup of dairy products like milk, cheese, ice cream, etc. and they also conduct experiments to check microbial growth in milk through handling and processing, improving pasteurization techniques. Working for dairy usually involves living in remote areas such as villages and far away from home.
- Mondelez International Address: Mondelez House, Unit No. 2001, 20th Floor, Tower-3 (Wing C), Indiabulls Finance Centre, Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra– 400013 Phone: 022- 33963100 Website: https://in.mondelezinternational.com/home