Dance therapy is also known as movement therapy. This therapy provides emotional and physical support for clients and individuals. A professional dance therapist helps the clients in improving their total health and wellness through dance and movement.
- DMT (R_DMT)
- Board-certified DMT (BC-DMT)
- Teacher and supervisor of the practitioners
Minimum education required is 10+2
- Compassion - Patience - Empathy
Courses to be pursued
- Graduate level studies including extensive study in dance training
- Master's in psychology
special education or a related field
Women's Christian College, Chennai
Address: 51, Nungambakkam, P.O. Old College Buildings, Chennai
Phone: +91 44 - 28275926
Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts
Address: 11th Floor, Vishwabhavan Building, Symbiosis Campus Senapati Bapat Road, Pune, Maharashtra
Phone: +91 20 - 39116226
- Dance therapist have to work in different environments such as a medical facility centre, rehabilitation centre, drug treatment facility, or counselling and crisis centre.
- Some may also work in schools, alternative healthcare facilities, wellness community centres or private dance studios and practices.
- Some of them may also work as freelancers or work on call or provide private counselling sessions to clients.
The Beach House Goa
Address: The Beach House Goa, Sernabatim Beach, Goa 403708
Phone: +91 788 809 8633
Creative Movement Therapy Association of India
Address: 50/8, 1st Floor, Tolstoy Lane, Janpath, Delhi 110085
Phone: 097739 05280
Devika Mehta is a physiotherapist at Synchrony India. She has a masters in Indian Classical dance with an experience of 18 years in the same.
Tarana Khatri is a physiotherapist at Synchrony India who has been certified in jazz, ballet, contemporary and hip hop from the Commonwealth Society for Teachers of Dancing (CSTD), Australia.