A Dentist is a surgeon who is an expert in dentistry i.e. the study, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diseases, disorders and conditions of the oral cavity and primarily associated with teeth.
- - - Dental Public Health - Endodontics
- - - Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology - Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology - Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery - Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics - Pediatric Dentistry - Periodontics - Prosthodontics
- 12th examination, minimum of 50% in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board.
- - Monitoring and evaluating patient’s oral health through regular check-ups - Filling in dental records - Good Manual Dexterity - Ability to use specialist equipment - Good motivational abilities - A high level of commitment to the job
Courses to be pursued
- - Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) - Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) - M.P.T. (Ortho-Physiotherapy) - M.S. (Orthopaedics) - M.Sc (Orthopedics) - Ph.D. (Orthopaedics)
- King George's Medical University Address: Shah Mina Road, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226003 Phone: 0522 225 7452 Website: http://www.kgmu.org/
Several Dentists are solo-practitioners who run their own businesses and clinics. They work alone or with a staff of few members and many dentists work under other dentists as well. Dentists usually work for 4-5 days a week and some work in the morning or in the evening just to meet their patient’s need. The number of hours worked varies in this profession because few work full-time and others work between 35 and 40 hours a week.
- Balaji Dental and Craniofacial Hospital Address: 30 K.B Dasan Road, Teynampet, Chennai -600018, Tamil Nadu, India Phone: +91 98410 07934 Website: https://www.smbalaji.com/