A Director is someone who supervises the finishing of a project or a film from the start till the end. They are the lead person in making anything successful whether it's a project, company or a film.
- - - In publishing - In advertising and public relations - In movie production
- Minimum qualification- 10+2
- - knowledge of interior design and architecture - practical understanding of building and construction - understanding of the work - good knowledge of computer budgeting software - possess a full clean driving licence - excellent free-hand drawing
- perspective and technical drawing skills - eye for decoration and detail - able to conceptualise ideas - methodical approach to work - strong leadership skills - be able to co-ordinate effectively - show diplomacy and sensitivity when working with artists and crew - willing to work long and irregular hours - understand the requirements of the relevant health and safety legislation - sensitive towards different working practices and cultures when working in other countries
Courses to be pursued
- - BBA - MBA - B.A. (Journalism and Mass Communication) - M.A. (Journalism and Mass Communication) - B.Sc. (Visual Communication) - M.Sc. (Visual Communication) - Diploma or a Certificate Course in Film Direction
- Lalit Kala Academy Address: Lalit kala Akademi Rabindra Bhavan, 35, Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi-110001 Phone: +91 011 2300 9200 Website: http://www.lalitkala.gov.in/
Directors usually work according to company timings i.e. 9am – 6pm and film directors work on the basis of time scheduled to complete a film. It may be long hours as well.
- Dharma Productions Pvt. Ltd. Address: 201 & 202, 2nd Floor, Supreme Chambers, Off Veera Desai Road, 17/18 Shah Industrial Estate, Andheri (W), Mumbai- 400053, India Phone: 084758 11466 Website: https://dharma-production.com/
K V Gautam
Award-winning cartoonist K V Gautam has worked as a political cartoonist for leading newspapers like Hindustan Times, Dainik Jagran and Indian Nation. He has illustrated more than 50 books. He has appeared in several prime-time shows of leading TV channels and has been covered by national media.
Dhimant Vyas- Known as the “king of clay”, he is credited to bring the clay animation art in to the Indian mainstream industry. Being an alumni of National Institute of Design, he worked in many projects at Aardaman Studios. He has contributed to films like “Taare Zameen Par” and has done commercials for BBC, UNICEF, Zee TV, MTV, Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon and more.