Producers are skilled managers who oversee every key element of a project. They select scripts, hire and approve of actors and directors, create budgets, secure financing, arrange rehearsals, and settle contracts with other personnel. Producers might also assist with marketing and distribution once their project has been completed.
- - - Film and Video Editor - Camera Operator - Screenwriter - Director - Cinematographer - Lighting
- - Sound Technicians - Editor
- - confidence in your ability - strong communication and people skills - presentation and pitching skills - strong time and resource management skills - creative ability - the ability to cope under pressure - a strong head for figures - leadership skills
Courses to be pursued
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts
- Master of Fine Arts and Doctor of Philosophy degrees in film and media studies
- filmmaking and other related fields.
- Film and Television Institute of India Address: No.11, Telephone Exchange, Law College Road, Deccan Gymkhana, Pune, Maharashtra 411004 Phone: 020 2543 3016 Website: http://www.ftiindia.com/
Work involves regular unsocial hours at weekends and in the evenings. Long hours and time spent in meetings or on location is the norm.
- UTV Motion Pictures Address: UTV Software Communications Ltd. Building No. 11, 1st Floor, Solitaire Corporate Park, Guru Hargovindji Marg, Chakala, Andheri (E), Mumbai 400093, India Phone: +91-22-40981400 Website: http://www.utvmotionpictures.com/