Food engineers, combine engineering concepts with microbiology, chemistry and other sciences to create the best ways to make processed foods tasty, healthy and safe. They're responsible for every step of food production, from production to distribution.
- - - Food Scientist - Food Technologist - Food Chemist - Product Development Specialist - Quality Control & Assurance - Food Inspector - Toxicologist - Food Processor - Process Development Specialist - Manufacturing Specialist - Food Production Manager
- Minimum- 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) or Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Medical Stream)
- - Excellent written and oral communication skills - Good team working abilities - Confidence - The ability to work independently - Meticulous attention to detail
- especially with regard to food - Hygiene and safety - Strong analytical and numerical skills
Courses to be pursued
- - Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Food Technology - Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Food Science - Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Food and Nutrition - Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Food Preservation - Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Food Engineering
- Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology Address: Pudukkottai Road, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu 613005 Phone: 04362 228 155 Website: www.iifpt.edu.in
A food engineer has the advantage of being able to spend much of their time outdoors, except during inclement weather. Most food engineer spends part of their time conducting tests and research in laboratories and writing reports in their offices.
- ITC Limited Address: Virginia House 37 J.L.Nehru road, Kolkata - 700 071 Phone: 91-(0)33 22889371 Website: www.itcportal.com