Furniture designing is the art of combining functional and design sound. It is the task where fashion and technique collide.
- Furniture manufacturers
- Passenger ship manufacturers
- Aircraft manufacturers
- Hospital equipment manufacturers
- Craft manufacturers
- Hotels and resorts
- Communication and sketching ability - Development of patterns - Familiarity with isometric drawings as well as furniture and space plans or layouts - Ability to solve complex design-related problems - Plot drawings
and data dimensions; knowledge of product assembly - Use of 3-D design software program
and Microsoft Office - Deadline-driven
Courses to be pursued
- BA/MA in Product and Furniture Design
- BFA/MFA in Furniture Design
National Institute of Design
Address: 6-A, 3rd Floor, Indian Habitat Centre, Lodi Road, Lodhi Estate, Delhi 110003
Phone: 011 2469 2846
Address: A-21/13, Naraina Industrial Area, Phase II, Block A Near Shadipur Metro Station, Delhi 110028
Phone: 1800 103 3005
A furniture designer usually work during the 9-6 PM in the office premises. But flexibility is must required for this job.
Address: D'DECOR HOME FABRICS Pvt Ltd 1071/1072/1081/1082, Solitaire Corporate Park - 10 167, Guru Hargovindji Marg, Andheri East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400093
Phone: 022 6678 2000
Address: 101, Bayside Mall, 1st Floor, Opp. Sobo Central Mall, Tardeo Road, Haji Ali, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400034
Phone: 022 4079 4756
Jean Prouve was a self taught architect and designer. He primarily work in steel, his designs are highly sought after on the contemporary auction market. He is a well known designer in the world of Furniture designing.
Paul McCobb is a self trained Modernist designer. He established his own studio in 1945.